Monday, May 24, 2010
Good Morning! this story creeps me out! and makes me almost fear getting a spider bite-_- well everyone should learn to go to the doecotrs right away like the lady said haha.
A Georgia woman spent 11 days in a coma and had her breast removed after a bite from a brown recluse spider, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.
Victoria Franklin, 51, didn’t realize she had been bitten on her left breast. More than a week later, she was suffering from severe nausea and vomiting, and her breast was infected so badly that it started to turn black and smell.
"It was like a stench, like I want to say, like rotten eggs or something like that, but it was stronger and I couldn't take it anymore," said Franklin.
When Franklin finally admitted herself to Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital in Paulding County, Ga., her breast had become gangrene, and the infection sent her into a coma for 11 days.
When she woke up, doctors told her they had to surgically remove the muscle and breast tissue from her left side.
Franklin said she hopes others will learn from her experience.
"If they have spiders, and they know they have spiders like I knew I did, I want them to be very aware and get their houses exterminated," Franklin said.
Featured Product on Bayho: Back Pain/Sciatica 1 oz or 29 ml
Monday, May 17, 2010
GOOD MORNING! this article caught my attention and it seems like its something simple.. and that can in the long run get you to lose some weight so idunno how soon the results will come in but I'm sure after a while you will see some difference.
Imagine if everything you needed to know about weight loss, you learned in kindergarten. Well, if your teacher gave you chocolate milk as a lunchtime treat, she was (unknowingly) giving you one of the most powerful weight-loss tools in the nutritional universe. Turns out this childhood staple may be the ideal vehicle for your body’s most neglected nutritional needs. Each bottle delivers a package of micro- and macronutrients that can help you shake off body flab and replace it with firm muscle. And when you served it ice-cold, the creamy sweetness flows across your tongue with all the pleasure of a milk shake. Yum.
That’s the crux of what I'm calling "The Chocolate Milk Diet," which isn’t a diet at all. It’s essentially three eight-ounce servings of chocolate milk consumed at key points throughout your day: one when you wake up, a second before you exercise, and a third directly after your workout. Or, if it's your day off, just pattern them for morning, afternoon, and night. Sounds good, right? It is, and that’s why it’s so easy. But is this a free ticket to eat as much fried chicken as you want throughout the rest of the day? Unfortunately not, but alongside a healthy diet, it can help you drop lots of belly fat fast. Here are the four reasons why:
Secret #1: The Calcium Effect
Researchers have known for years about the role that calcium plays in building strong bones, but a more recent development deals with they way it affects your belly. A series of studies have shown that calcium can actually impede your body’s ability to absorb fat, and when researchers in Nebraska analyzed five of these studies, they were able to estimate that consuming 1,000 mg more calcium can translate to losing nearly 18 pounds of flab. What’s more, other studies have shown that dairy foods offer the most readily absorbable calcium you can find. Knock back three servings of brown cow and you’ll reach that crucial 1,000 mg threshold. At that point, any other calcium that you eat or drink is a bonus.
Bonus Tip: Everything is not as it seems in the world of fat and calories. Click here to see the 30 “Healthy” Foods that Aren’t. You'll be shocked by the pounds of fat you may unwittingly gain while thinking that you're eating healthy.
Secret #2: The Vitamin D Factor
All the calcium in the world isn’t going to help you if you don’t get a good dose of vitamin D to go with it. That’s because vitamin D is responsible for moving calcium from your food to your body, which means if you’re running low on D, you’re probably also missing the calcium you need to stay slim. Other symptoms of the D deficiency are weak muscles, easily breakable bones, and depression—not a great combo for success. Now here’s why this is significant: Most experts agree that the average American isn’t getting enough D. Some estimate that only half the population is meeting the requirement and one study published in the journal Pediatrics found that 70 percent of American children had low levels of D in their diet. The thing is, your body makes vitamin D naturally when you expose your skin to sunlight, but most people spend too much time indoors to benefit. And intentionally spending more time in the sun could put you at risk for skin cancer. The solution? Drink up. Chocolate milk, like most milk, is fortified with vitamin D.
One caveat here: Drink 1% chocolate milk. Vitamin D won't work without a little fat to help break it down. You want to skip the whole milk, too, as it has too many calories to make it a regular habit. The best option is 1%, or low-fat chocolate milk. It has the fat you need to absorb crucial vitamins, yet at three cups a day, it will save you 120 calories over whole milk.
Bonus Tip: Everything you need to know about cereal is right here: America's Best and Worst Cereals. Keep the sugar down and the fiber up for a perfect start to your day.
Secret #3: The Endurance Boost
If you want to lose the gut, you’ve got to exercise—no surprise there. But here’s a fact that’s not so obvious: Drinking chocolate milk can improve your gains. In a study published in The International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, subjects given chocolate milk before hopping on the stationary bikes were able to ride 49 percent longer than subjects given a generic carbohydrate-replacement beverage. And on top of that, they pedaled even harder. Total work performed by the chocolate-milk group was greater than the work performed by subjects drinking carbohydrate-replacement drinks or electrolyte-fortified sports drinks. The reason? Milk has naturally occurring electrolytes that keep you hydrated—more hydrated then water, in fact, which I revealed recently on my Twitter account—and its natural sweetness helps push more energy into your muscles. Another study from 2009 found similar results, but it went one step further by asking participants which beverage they thought tasted better. Not surprisingly, 100% chose chocolate milk.
Bonus Tip: Discover more loveable liquids by browsing through our Best Beers slideshow. Or, if you’d rather avoid the calories altogether, then you’ll want to read The Worst Beverages in the Supermarket. Again, the point is to make weight-loss easy and fun, without ever worrying about going on a diet again.
Secret #4: The Protein-Body-Weight Connection
Want to know the secret to staying thin? You need more muscle. That’s because muscle burns more calories than fat, so for every new muscle fiber you create, your resting metabolism receives another surge of fat-torching energy. And chocolate milk can help you do that. Researchers have determined that the ideal protein load for building muscle is 10 to 20 grams, half before and half after your workout. How much protein will you find in low-fat chocolate milk? Eight grams per cup. (That means one serving before your workout and one serving after will give you a total of 16 grams of highly effective whey protein—a perfect serving.) Add that to the extra cup you drank first thing in the morning and you’re looking at a turbocharged metabolism that keeps you burning calories all day long.
And don’t forget, you can still melt those 18 pounds of belly fat without giving up your favorite foods. You just need to make smart swaps, and we’ve got 10 new ones right here. You'll lose weight faster than ever—again, with ever dieting again.
Like this story or have another nutrition secret? Please share it with others here.
category: Weight Loss & Diet
Featured Product on Bayho:Weight Loss Xl 1 oz or 29 ml
Monday, May 10, 2010
All secret societies accumulate a treasury of their own uncommon wisdom, and the league of beauty editors is no exception. Here, all in one place for the first time, is the best insider intelligence.
1. The one thing we always drink to: water. But forget the rule about eight glasses a day—just drink enough so that you're not thirsty. Though there's no link between how much water you consume and how hydrated your skin is, when I'm parched, my complexion looks flaky and dry. Also: If you drink a glass of water before each meal, you'll be less inclined to overeat.
2. Sunscreen is the closest thing we have to a fountain of youth. Use at least SPF 15 every day, rain or shine. UV radiation is the major source of skin cancer and accelerated aging of the skin, both of which can occur without tanning or other visible signs of damage, says Steven Wang, MD, director of dermatologic surgery and dermatology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center at Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
3. You can conjure up a prettier complexion while you sleep…with the magic of retinoids. Still the gold standard of topical skincare ingredients, vitamin-A derivative prescription retinoids (like Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac) stimulate new collagen, exfoliate your pores, and encourage cell turnover, says Mary P. Lupo, MD, clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane Medical School. Add a retinoid to your nighttime beauty routine.
4. Always treat your hands and neck the way you treat your face. The skin on the neck is thinner than the skin on the face, yet most women don't care for it as well. Same goes for the hands. After you apply a treatment (like a retinoid or antioxidant serum) to your face, rub it on your neck and the backs of your hands, too.
5. For the price of a tube of self-tanner, you can look as if you spent a month on the Riviera. Apply a moisturizing body lotion that includes a self-tanner to hide spider veins on your legs and to get a slimming effect all over.
6. There's gold in them thar drugstores. Take advantage of the bounty of inexpensive cleansers, moisturizers, and treatments that work just as well as (or better than) luxury brands. The large cosmetic companies that produce drugstore products want you to be loyal to them, so they don't skimp on their research and development.
7. Facials can be expensive, but luminosity is free. The fastest way to better skin tone doesn't cost a dime. Exercising gives you improved circulation and oxygen capacity, which causes the blood vessels in the skin to dilate, says Steven Dayan, MD, clinical assistant professor in the division of facial plastic surgery at the University of Illinois. The result? That healthy glow everyone's aiming for.
8. We never met an antioxidant we didn't like. Free radicals—certain kinds of molecules that can build up in your body and damage proteins and DNA—hasten the aging process, says Dayan. Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants like coenzyme Q10, and vitamins A, C, and E can help reverse some of that damage. Applying antioxidants topically can also help.
9. One impeccable, classic haircut is worth more than all the styling products in the world. A haircut is a little like a dress: If you start out with terrific tailoring, accessorizing is unnecessary (but still can be lots of fun).
10. Good deeds = good looks. If you do something that makes you feel great about yourself, you're more likely to wear a happy expression. And studies have shown that a person who looks happy is perceived as more attractive than the same person who looks sad, says Dayan. So do something kind for someone. While you're at it, smile. And, for Pete's sake, be sure you're wearing sunscreen.
Featured Product on Bayho: Good Mood Enhancer 2 oz or 58 ml
Monday, May 3, 2010
Good morning. its may! wow this year has gone by sooo fast its not even funny. I did not know that MAy was Skin Caner awareness month so i thought id let everyone know just incase they didnt already know.
Most Americans view the month of May as a time to honor their mothers, embark on their annual gardening journeys, and enjoy the countdown to summer. All the while May is symbolic of so much more.
Did you know that the month of May is National Skin Cancer Awareness month? Even though Skin Cancer is one of the most preventable types of Cancer, it is still quite common in today's society. More than 90% of all Skin Cancer cases are caused by an unnecessary exposure to the sun's damaging rays. Yet, less than thirty-three percent of adults, teenagers, and children regularly use sun protection.
Ladies, Gents, put on the sun screen; a good tan is not worth such a high risk. In fact, one person passes away from Skin Cancer every single hour. If that is not a wakeup call, consider this, although the treatment of skin cancer is dependent upon many factors, the battle still remains. This is a real disease, the treatment process is never easy; people fight for their lives, some not coming out as winners. Any kind of Cancer is not something to be taken lightly.
Skin Cancer comes in one of two forms, melanoma, or non-melanoma. The major difference between the two is non-melanoma is less aggressive and therefore, easier to treat. The symptoms of skin cancer include a small lump that is glossy/ waxy, pale in color, and smooth in texture, a red lump that is firm, a spot of skin that bleeds or becomes crusty, rough/scaly patches of skin, and red or brown scaly skin areas.
The key is early detection; if you suspect skin cancer, see your doctor immediately. Any kind of skin cancer is highly treatable when caught at the beginning stages. After all; better safe than sorry. Get informed, learn all there is to know, protect yourself and protect your loved ones. For more information please visit http://www.skincancer.org/.
category: Skin & Topical
Featured Product on Bayho: DermaClear (Skin) Spray 1 oz or 28 ml