Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Being A Night Owl In High School Is Linked With Lower College GPA" -Science Daily


Hold a minute! I don't think that this is true at all. I transitioned from high school, to community college, to a university. From high school and community college, I was an average morning student. My grades were... average. Didn't try very hard. At my University, I took night classes, cause I had work during the day. I'm actually receiving a 4.0 GPA right now. I don't think that scientists should be studying something and make a huge ordeal about it. Everyone is different. People don't have the choice of being in morning classes. People have kids, job, and other priorities to finish off until they have to go to class. I'm not saying my situation is like everyone elses, but everyone is different. "Students who consider themselves to be evening types (that is someone who feels more alert and does their best work later in the day) have poorer sleep hygiene scores than morning and intermediate types. Sleep hygiene is the group of behaviors linked to good sleep and alertness. Examples include having a regular bedtime routine, a regular wake time, a regular bed time, and sleeping in a comfortable bed" -Sleep 2009

Original Article
Category: Health Concern > Relax & Sleep
Featured Product from Bayho: Sleep Formula 60 vap

No comments: